Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Waiting For Harrison

In November, 2013, I posted on my blog that my son & daughter-in-law are in the process of adopting a little boy from China. It is now March, 2014 and we are waiting. Finally all the paperwork has reached China. We were all hoping they would be able to bring him home the end of this month. However, they were told it would take 4-6 months for approval to travel into China. I must admit I am so disappointed, but that doesn't come close to how his parents feel. There have been Harrison showers with loads of toys, books, & clothes given by friends and family. Everyone just wants so much to be a part of his life.

I know that God has a purpose in all things. Therefore, I know He has a purpose in this delay. I also know that He can choose to open this door sooner. Of course, that is what the mother and grandmother side of me is hoping for. I have to stay focused on His Word and trust His will. I also have to pray. This is what the Lord wants & expects us to do, during the good times and the difficult times.

'For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope.
Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you.'
Jeremiah 29:11,12 NASB

"And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose."
"What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who is against us?"
Romans 8:28,31 NASB

So we carry on till God removes the obstacles that keep us waiting for Harrison.

No comments:

Post a Comment