Tuesday, July 29, 2014

God Sent A Child

It is so amazing how our God knows what we need, when we need it, and how it will change our lives forever. In my last post I told you that I have been going through a difficult time with grief. Some people think that after a year, everything should be back to normal. Even after 2 years it's not back to normal. There will never again be the same normal. A new normal will eventually find its place.

After my trip to Massachusetts I was filled with anticipation for the day my son and daughter-in-law would return from China with my new grandson. I knew that this was going to be a very traumatic time for a 2 & 1/2 year old. I knew it was going to be traumatic for my son and daughter-in-law as well. Even though they had looked forward to the day when he would be theirs, it would be no easy introduction. I only got three messages while they were away. One to let me know they had arrived safely in Beijing. One to let me know that Harrison was with them. The last was his picture. He was brought to them on 6/30/2014. On 7/1/2014 he officially became their son, my grandson.

On 7/11/2014 I drove to the airport to wait. Before they arrived my son texted me. "No crying. It upsets Harrison." I didn't want to cry. I couldn't stop grinning. Their plane was early and people began to enter. I stood their with my camera ready even though I was not close to the door they would come through. Finally, I saw my son. There behind him was my daughter-in-law holding the hand of the most beautiful little boy. Harrison was home. He was shy, but very interested in the Marine Bear that stands inside the airport. Near the baggage claim area is a case with model airplanes inside. That is where I was able to get near him. He was fascinated with the planes. We stood there looking & repeating "plane". I took them home and helped get the luggage in. I hugged my son & daughter-in-law. Harrison, still in his daddy's arms, leaned over and put his cheek against mine. That did it! I had to turn and leave. Once the door closed behind me the tears fell. I had to thank God for this precious child he had placed in our lives.

In the past almost 2 & 1/2 weeks I have had the blessed opportunity to spend a lot of time with Harrison. Last week I stayed with him when his parents went back to work. We have bonded well.He calls me GraMa just as all my other precious grandchildren. He hugs and kisses me. He loves my cell phone because it has videos of him, and there are a lot. He interacts well with all our family members. He is proving to be very intelligent. It is amazing to watch him use the cell phone or his Leap Frog. He absolutely loves to play basketball. He does not make a fuss when it is nap time as long as you read his favorite book a few times. He is big for his age. He is doing very well with his English, but lapses into Mandarin occasionally. He has stolen my heart.

I think of our God and how when there was no answer for the state of mankind, He sent a Child.
Then I see the time of my own sense of helplessness and God sent a child. Amazing love!




No comments:

Post a Comment