Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Losing Excess Baggage

Decided it was about time to do a little blogging. So here I am. Now what???

Let me see. What accomplishments have I made lately? Well, none without the help of my Lord! I would say my weight loss is one of my biggest hurdles. Still have a little way to go, but so far so good although it has been slow going. I will post a before picture here. This was taken in April, 2011 at 163 pounds.



During my husband's illness I lost 5 pounds. After his death, I knew I needed some accountability so I returned to Weight Watchers in September, 2012 at a weight of 158.8 pounds. It had worked for me in the  past  and knew  it  would work again if I stayed with it. It has been an up & down battle at times. My next picture was taken on October 21, 2012 at about 151 pounds.



Vegetable, vegetables, vegetables! Eat those power foods!! The next picture was taken around mid-late March, 2013 at a weight of approximately 139 lbs.


I have learned some new recipes. I have also learned to make a great fresh fruit mix that gets better each day in the fridge. I have never been a big fruit eater, but I absolutely love it. I am also trying to use my elliptical glider at least 3-4 times a week, hopefully working up to daily. The glider is low impact on the knees when used walking. Using it in the ski position does take more effort and toll on these old hips. But I know this will be worth it. As I only have a little bit left to reach the goal my doctor set for me, I will neither take nor post another picture until I have met my goal. Hopefully that will be soon.



2 comments:

  1. Shirley, You've done great and look terrific ! I am impressed that you chose to work on improving your health after losing Al rather than burying your grief with food. I'm sure that would have been so easy to do. You're a strong woman. Congratulations on your success !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, LeeAnn. Still a work in progress. God has been with me all the way. Sometimes I wish He would slap my hand when I reach for something not healthy. Still stumble on that. But just have to say, It's done. Go forward from here.

    ReplyDelete