Wednesday, February 2, 2011

To Shatter The Earth

Wondering what to really write about tonight. Nothing earth-shattering happening. Is that good or bad? I guess it would depend upon what was shattering my earth. Should there be anything shattering my earth?
That's an interesting, complex question, isn't it? I think the better question would be, am I doing anything to shatter the earth?

Does God expect me to be sharing His Gospel in such a way that it would shatter the earth? Can you imagine just how earth-shattering it would be, if every Christian was sharing the Gospel every day, every where they went? What holds us back? Actually, what holds me back? Fear of being ridiculed? You would think at my age that would be of little concern. Fear of confrontation? Certainly Christ will give me what I need to say when I need to say it. Fear of offending someone even if I share in a caring way? Christ Himself was considered an offense, therefore I am to be willing to also be an offence. I'm not talking about being obnoxious, but straight forward.

I feel that I am a pebble bouncing on the ground instead of the boulder crashing through the thicket. The boldness I need escapes me. Yet, it was a stone that slew the giant.(I Sam 17:49)  It is a small helm that turns the ship.(James 3:4)  It is a soft answer that turns away wrath.(Prov 15:1) Could a pebble possibly shatter the earth? If guided into the right position and with a mighty force behind it, I believe it could. Is there any better guide than Christ? Is there any greater force than our God? So, Lord, take this pebble and hurl it forth with your mighty right arm that it may shatter the earth with the message of You.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    I have visited your weblog and enjoyed it very much. It has a great inspiration.

    Would you like to visit my weblog which I created about 3 months ago? You are invited to follow our weblog if you like it.

    My husband and I are Iranian and live in the UK. We love Jesus and my weblog is mostly about him. Since we are Iranian we have added some Persian topics to the weblog but you can read and watch English ones.

    My weblog is http://creation-to-eternity.blogspot.com

    May Jesus bless you,

    Afsoon

    ReplyDelete