Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Day Before Thanksgiving Day

Busy day cleaning & doing some baking. Thankful for a husband who loves to cook & will do the bulk of it.
I've been thinking a lot about those who are alone on this holiday. Last night I called a young man whose wife is away for military training. He's alone with 3 little boys. He was on his way to Ohio when I called. So glad he will be with family, but would loved to have shared ours with them. It was definitely a stressful trip. The littlest one was screaming & I could hear the stress in the young man's voice. Hopefully they are safely there & hope his trip back home will be better.
Then there are those who have recently lost a love one. I know this will be a difficult time for them. A dear friend, who lost her husband some months back. A church member, whose daughter died just a month or so ago. And there are others I don't even know. But God knows and the Holy Spirit will be there to comfort them and their families during this time.
I have seen God do some amazing things in peoples' lives this year. A friend came through her coronary artery bypass graft and is doing well. Another old friend went through 2 heart attacks, a coronary stenting & then a bypass graft, and now is doing well. A lady who also attends our churh is still recovering from a cerebral hemorrhage, but is back with us. Friends whose baby was born with 3 holes in her heart & an enlarged valve, but surgery would have to wait for her to gain weight. Last night her great grandmother told us that 2 of the holes have closed, the valve is down to normal size, and the doctor is hoping that the 3rd hole may also close on its own. God is AWESOME.
I know there have been times of struggle and trials for us all, too. Praises to our God, the only God, who is sufficient, faithful, merciful, loving, and has a plan for the lives of His children.  I think the greatest blessing is to be able to call Him my Father.
"But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him." I Corinthians 2:9

No comments:

Post a Comment